• Durapex - What safeguards that can be taken by homeowners to prevent pipe failure?
    DURAPEX - Safeguards that can be taken by homeowners to prevent pipe failure.  

    4 Recommendations to reduce chance of pipe failure:

    1. Reduce the HOT water temperature to <=120F.
    2. Reduce the water pressure in the house to <=60PSI.
    3. Have a licensed plumber install an expansion tank on the hot water heater.
    4. Remove and replace the PEX that runs from the hot water tank to the "T" or manifold in the crawl space.

    Recirculating system for the hot water.
  • How do I report a burnt out streetlight?
    If you notice a street light out, call the number on the back of your electric bill listed under Contact Numbers. The AllCall automated telephone line is: 803-329-5500. In your message, tell them the number on the yellow tag at the base of the pole to direct them to the correct light.
  • I need to replace my mailbox, where can I get the same model I have now? Are there guidelines about what mailboxes I can use?
    If you would like to replace your mailbox with the same one you have now, you can contact Watson Welding at 704-821-7140. Most homes in Sunset Point have the “small mailbox with paper tube” model. The cost is $129 and they’ll install it for $65.
    If you’re interested in changing to a different mailbox, please be sure to check the Architectural Addendums on the Documents and Forms page for more information about replacing mailboxes.
  • I would like to make some changes to the outside of my house, what needs to be submitted to the Architectural Review Committee (ACC) and what doesn't?
    All exterior changes and improvements to property must be approved by the ACC. An application must be completed and submitted to the ACC for approval prior to your starting any exterior project that makes changes to your property. The application is available on this website under the Documents and Forms section.
  • I would like to run for the Sunset Point Board of Directors, what do I need to do?
    The Sunset Point Homeowners Association holds a meeting near the beginning of each year to update residents on issues that concern the community, and to hold elections for any open seats on the Sunset Point Board of Directors.
    Several weeks before the meeting, an invitation is sent out with information regarding the time and place of the meeting, a proxy form for those unable to attend, and a nomination form for open Board seats.
    If you would like to nominate someone, or you would like to run for the Board yourself, follow the directions on the form and return it as directed on the form.
  • My vinyl siding has mold growing on it. I'd like to clean it but don't know how. Can you help?
    All of the homes in Sunset Point have Alcoa Meadowbrook siding. The attached documents include information on how to clean and care for vinyl siding, along with warranties and a color chart. Hope this helps!
  • Some of the windows in my house look foggy all the time. What is this and how can I fix it?
    The problem you describe may be due to broken seals in your windows. Homes in Sunset Point have windows from MI Windows and Doors, and may be under warranty. The attached documents may help you get this problem resolved.
  • The street light in front of my house is out, who do I call?
    Jimmy Sellers handles the burnt out bulb work orders for street lights. Residents can email him at jsellers@cityofrockhill.com. Be sure to include the Rock Hill utilities ID number located on the light pole.
  • There is a house on my street that is not being kept up, the yard is not being cut and the property is overgrown with weeds - what can I do?
    Article VII, Section 19 of the Sunset Point Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs) addresses the responsibility of each Owner to “… prevent the development of any unclear unhealthy, unsightly; or unkempt condition on his or her property.”
    If you see a yard with overgrown grass or weeds, excessive grass clippings on sidewalks or in the street or other situations that may be creating an unsightly or unsafe condition for the neighborhood, contact the Board through the Contact Us page on this website or call First Choice at (803) 366-5711.
  • There is someone in the community who walks their dog, but never cleans up � is there anything I can do?
    According to the York County website (http://www.yorkcountygov.com):
    York County requires all animals to be either fenced in, on a leash, or under the control of their owners at all times when outside. Domestic animals are not allowed on private property without the property owner's consent.
    Animals that roam free can get lost or seriously injured. They are also subject to being picked up by Animal Control officers.
    Animal owners are liable for their pet's actions. You can prevent your animal from becoming a nuisance by keeping it confined to your property, or on a leash and controlled, as required by law. Failure to do so can result in legal or financial problems for you.
    Violation of York County's leash law can result in a fine of up to $200 plus court costs and the cost of impounding the animal.
    Leash Law Enforcement: